PLEASE VISIT HTTP://CHINA-ACTION.ORG FOR CURRENT WEBSITE.
The Chinese Urgent Action Working Group undertakes urgent actions on behalf of Chinese Human Rights defenders in distress. The group provides channels for communication with relevant United Nations and regional diplomatic offices, as well as public advocacy, legal aid and coordination with international human rights groups.
The Chinese Urgent Action Working Group also regularly undertakes research on groups suffering from persecution and releases reports related to those issues.
ABOUT THIS SITE
This website has the following sections:
- Home, the start page of this website;
- About, information on who we are, what we do, and how you can help;
- 中文版, information in Chinese, with legal resources, funding opportunities and translated versions of Links, Contact information and About;
- Latest case updates, where all updates on our urgent action cases are posted (this information can also be found under the individual case pages;
- Current cases, contains information on our current urgent action cases;
- Prior cases, with limited information on prior cases;
- Reports, contains our released reports and accompanying information;
- Human Rights News, a not yet activated section that will publish news concerning persecution of human rights defenders;
- Resources, with information on relevant Chinese and international law, how the Chinese criminal law process functions, and how to utilize the UN Special procedures amongst other;
- Contact information;
- Links, to Chinese and International human rights groups, and relevant international institutions.
CHINESE URGENT ACTION WORKING GROUP
人 权 卫 士 紧 急 救 援 协 会